Welcome

Welcome to my spot on the web!


There is much on this site that may not be readily apparent. There are several ways to find your way around.You can use the links bar above to visit my most popular pages, use my archives or simply do a keyword search using the search engine in the navigation bar at the very top of the page.

If you find problems with any of my links not working, please do not hesitate to contact me by email or via my guest book and I'll will try to rectify the problem as soon as possible :)
I have had some problems recently with downloads from 4 shared and am in the process of moving them to another web storage. Please be patient.

And come back soon!


Tuesday 15 July 2008

Beautiful Birds Desktop wallpaper


John Gould would have to be one of my favourite bird artists. The image for this desktop came from the wonderful series "Birds of Europe" printed between 1827 and 1832.
Although Gould did the preliminary drawings, the final colouring and presentations were finshed by his very talented wife Elizabeth and friend and collaborator Edward Lear.
Variously called Cyanistes cyanus and Parus cyanus, the azure tit can be found in Central Europe.
You may have noticed that when I created this desktop I made use of papers from my regency collection :)

You can download a zip with various sized desktops HERE

A matching card can be found in our TOC Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment